Guess what guys? I was nominated by Miles of Pages for the Liebster Award!
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported and inspired me on this endeavor! Especially my family and friends. Also, special thanks goes to A.J. Reeves from the Miles of Pages blog check her blog out here milesofpagesblog. Many times, over the blogging community has inspired me to continue writing. Thanks again to all of my followers.
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs (with under 200 followers).
- Notify these blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1) What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical? I am sorry if I am offending anyone but I am not a fan of musicals at all. So honestly, I don’t think any movie would be improved by making it into a musical. Well…maybe Scarface.
2) What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence? Hmmm, I would have to go with the door knob. It’s 2017 my friends, doors should not have to be touched in any way shape or form. Sorry I’m a little bit of a germaphobe with this one especially in the winter, spring, fall and summer months.
3) What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home? I would say that I am conflicted between couches that are never to be sat in and couches covered in plastic. All I can say is…WHY
4) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn? The most embarrassing thing I have ever worn was an elastic waist, knee high, layered skirt. When I was about 10 years old at a family friends gathering I was enjoying myself as I always did when put in social situations beyond my control. A stranger sat down beside me to talk to someone. They chatted for so long I of course got uncomfortable since I was the only one on the couch not talking or being spoken to. I decided it would be best if I snuck away so, I got up to get some snacks. When I stood up I realized I felt a swift breeze around where my skirt was. I froze and then slowly looked behind myself. That was when I noticed that the stranger sitting beside me was actually sitting on my skirt which I had fanned out just like I had seen ladies do in the movies. Elastic waist, knee high, layered skirts banned for life, ever since!
5) What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you? I would have to say the part where the mother died in the movie Bambi. All that blood! It was too much for me. Before I watched that movie I didn’t know that people hunted or that moms could die. A while later when I was watching another Disney movie I noticed that the whole mom dying thing is apparently a part of most Disney movies.
6) If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done? This might sound Dexter-ish, but they would assume that I stole a puppy. But I would only steal a puppy if the owner was inhumane. Because that’s seriously the only way that I would ever steal anything.
7) What secret conspiracy would you like to start? I would start a secret conspiracy to replace all doors that have knobs with doors that open automatically with sensors. I’m only looking out for you all. Plus, the germ issues of the 21stt century would be completely obliterated. Yup, step 1 to end the spread of germs is to eradicate all door knobs!
8) What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed? The Lochness Monster. Because it’s cool and I don’t feel that he/she could cause any harm to humans. Or even dragons. For the same 2 reasons and because the Game of Thrones Spoils of War episode proved what awesome creatures they are.
9) You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue? I would experiment to see if I could remake all glaciers into as many different flavours of ice cream as possible rather than ice. There would be so many ramifications but really, before you think this is a bad idea think about how much this would help with overpopulation in different areas of the world. I know for sure, I would want to live beside the mint chocolate chip glacier?
10) What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?
- No, no…I love the gift you bought me…I just wish you hadn’t given it to me!
11) If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
I would not take the meds but pretend I did. Eventually letting them know that I haven’t been taking them but I’m totally sane. If that didn’t work I would regularly take the meds and ask the psychiatrist who it was that placed me in the insane asylum. The psychiatrist would get tired of telling me that he/she can’t tell me and would ultimately tell me who had me put in the insane asylum. When I eventually got released for “being sane”…I would have the person who had me committed, committed! Tag you’re it!
In all honesty, I think this would be extremely hard to prove without family, good good friends and of course a community of fellow bloggers.
11 Random Facts about myself include but are not limited to:
- I am a self-identifying plant killer. Not ever on purpose though, I love all plants equally. I guess I don’t talk to them enough or maybe I show them too much love by over watering them??
- I love fashion and home decor shows. Really enjoying all of the pink gold/copper accents I’m seeing everywhere lately.
- I have had a doll for about 37 years, his name is BOB. I named him after Bob Marley.
- My pet peeve is when people cut me off while walking in the mall and then proceed to walk very slowly in front of me. Yes, exactly that Mr. Bean taking the stairs episode! I walk slowly sometimes too, but I move to the side to let the fast walkers pass. Malls should have lanes too!
- I’m a lefty but I’m right hand dominant. I will tell you the story behind that one another day. Let’s just say I was unusually disobedient that day.
- I admire the bravery in people who have tattoos. I like tattoos and would love to get one but I am seriously afraid of needles. No seriously, I have to look away when blood is being taken from me. Cookies and juice are the only things that can help me out afterwards. Pretty much every time blood is taken from me I needed to breathe and be mindful that I would be over soon. Oh, sorry I meant it would be over soon. So yeah, I would literally need to be put to sleep in order to get a tattoo.
- I recently completed a very interesting 5-week course on Mindfulness. Loved it! It gave me lots of great insight into the practice of mindfulness. I am still struggling with it on a daily basis though. I am doing better than I was when I wrote Mindfulness Argh.
- Water is my favourite drink next to any REAL tropical fruit juice! examples include, passion fruit, mango, guava and coconut water not necessarily in that order.
- I’m not keen on crowds and I am mostly an introvert. But I might just surprise you depending on my mood. I don’t think anyone is just one thing though!
- Shows I love include the show Coronation Street, Insecure, Game of Thrones, Atlanta, House of Cards, Animal Kingdom, Homeland, Ray Donovan, Snowfall, Veep and Power. I do have a few more favourite shows but please note the lack of zombies in my favourite shows, not so sure what the White Walkers are but I had nightmares after I saw them for the first time…Fear of zombies? Yes…that’s me!
- I don’t like big purses because I feel they encourage women to punch above their weight so to speak. In other words, they are to blame for women lugging too much stuff around. They do look nice though.
The following are Nominated for the Liebster award:
- A Little Something
- Beautiful mind blog
- Silence Speaks 12
- Flowers for a Lab Mouse
- From Pillar to Post
- Doing it Natural Blog
- Pick Inspire
- Nimbu Mirchi
- Renaissance Female
Questions for the above blogs.
- What is your favourite 80’s song?
- Here’s the situation: You are at a silent moment during a graduation ceremony. The class bully trips while walking up the stairs to receive his/her diploma and you’re sitting beside someone you know very well. That person you are sitting beside starts laughing, what would you do?
- If you could learn to speak any new language or dialect from scratch which one would you choose?
- If a shark fought a bear in shallow water which one do you think would win?
- With everything necessary for your relocation, where would you rather relocate to, outer space or the depths of the ocean?
- When you have a really awful day, what is your most sought after comfort food?
- If you caught your thumb in the heaviest car door and your mother wasn’t around, what would be the first curse word out of your mouth?
- At this point in your life, what do you feel the meaning of life is?
- Looking towards the future, what do you think new bloggers should know to be successful at blogging a year from now?
- What’s the last lie that you told?
- What are your favourite kicks/sneakers/running shoes?
Terms and Conditions